There are a million diaper bags out there, and all I can say about them is that it’s honestly a preference thing. Some things to consider when choosing your bag are:
- Size- The bigger it is, the more you can fit in there, but that means you will have more bulk to carry around with you. Larger bags might be more accommodating for multiple children but unnecessary for one child.
- Ergonomics- Backpacks help with sore backs from carrying too many things and also free up both arms.
- Price- you can spend anywhere from $20 to $100’s.
- Color- Remember to be gender neutral for baby’s sake and for both mom and dad to feel okay carrying the bag.
- Functionality- Some have cooler compartments for keeping breastmilk longer, some come with changing pads, some come with removable toiletry compartments for ease finding smaller objects. Think about what might suit your needs best.
Items you will want to consider to fit into your diaper bag include:
- Baby powder/diaper rash cream/Vaseline
- Baby wipes
- Burp clothes
- Nursing shawl
- Change of clothes for baby
- Hand sanitizer
- Sanitizing wipes